The FULL Paediatric First Aid 12 hour training course is available at your setting for groups of up to 12 delegates.
Where and When?
At your venue on dates to suit your group.
Who should attend
This course is in line with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and meets the needs of Ofsted. It is suitable for Childminders, Nursery and School Staff (dealing with Foundation Stage) and anybody who deals with children and wants a more in-depth course. This two-day (12 hour) course is delivered at your venue, by a paediatric specialist and includes both theory and practical sessions.
If 100% of your staff are paediatric first aid trained you can apply for Millies Mark.
The required EYFS syllabus:-
- Be able to assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is having a seizureHelp a baby or child who is choking
- Help a baby or child who is bleeding
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock)
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from anaphylactic shock
- Help a baby or child who has had an electric shock
- Help a baby or child who has burns or scalds
- Help a baby or child who has a suspected fracture
- Help a baby or child with head, neck or back injuries
- Help a baby or child who is suspected of being poisoned
- Help a baby or child with a foreign body in eyes, ears or nose
- Help a baby or child with an eye injury
- Help a baby or child with a bite or sting
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from the effects of extreme heat or cold
- Help a baby or child having: a diabetic emergency; an asthma attack; an allergic reaction; meningitis; and/or febrile convulsions
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider (including appropriate contents of a first aid box and the need for recording accidents and incidents)
Assessment & certification
Certification is dependent on successful continuous assessment of the delegate. Those who complete the course and are deemed to have reached the required standard are issued with an Aid Training certificate that is valid for three years.
QCF certificates are available at £12.00 + vat per delegate bookable in advance of training.
Pricing & booking
The cost of the course is £790.00 + vat when run at your venue. This includes an Aid Training certificate and a manual for each student. There are no additional costs.
Childcare providers should consider whether paediatric first aiders need to undertake annual refresher training, during any three-year certification period to help maintain basic skills and keep up to date with any changes to procedures.