The Nebosh National General Certificate is ideal for managers, supervisors and anybody with health and safety responsibilities. It is also perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career. It gives a valuable overview and is a sound basis for further professional study.
Where and When?
At your location on dates to suit your group.
Who should attend
For those who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues.
The NGC looks at everyday solutions for general workplace health and safety issues; When you have completed the qualification, you will be able to:
- justify the need for health and safety improvements
- advise on duties under the main pieces of UK health and safety legislation
- help your organisation to manage contractors
- work within a health and safety management system
- positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour
- carry out a general risk assessment (using a 5-step approach) of your workplace
- recognise workplace changes and their impacts and understand how to minimise these impacts
- develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system
- take part in incident investigations
- help your employer check the effectiveness of their health and safety management system through monitoring, auditing and review
Assessment & certification
The NG1 exam is based online and will be “open book” being able to utilise your resource manual, you will sit the exam from your home/office. You will have a 24 hour period to download and complete the open book exam (OBE).
The NG1 examination dates for each respective course are:
- Wednesday 6th October
- Wednesday 1st December
The NG2 practical Risk Assessment (3 hours) must be completed and submitted to us for marking within 10 working days of leaving the course.
Once all aspects of the course have been completed, you will need to attend and online exit interview. This will take place within 3 weeks of the OBE.
Pricing & booking
An in-house course carries a minimum charge of 10 delegates, £7950.00 + vat this includes all trainer and training associated costs, manuals and certification.