This 12-hour qualification provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a wide range of mental health conditions and learn about the support/therapy provided by professional healthcare providers. They will know how to start a supportive conversation and when and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help.
Are you looking for the 1 day course?
Where and When?
At your venue on dates to suit your group. We can also offer group training via Teams or Zoom, you can choose the dates (one day for delivery and one day for assessments) and we will link up your learners to our Trainer in the "Zoom Room".
Who should attend
This course is suitable for those who want to gain the necessary skills to have a non-judgmental conversation, recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health issues and effectively guide a person towards the right support.
- Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- Know how to recognise and manage stress
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental healthUnderstand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- Understand a range of mental health disorders and the support/therapy provided by professional healthcare providers
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
Assessment & certification
Certificate and manual from First Aid Awards.
Pricing & booking
The cost of this 2-day course held at your venue is £895 plus vat for up to 16 delegates there is a further fee of £13 + vat per delegate for certification and resources. The course fee reduces to £795 plus vat plus certification fees when run via Teams or Zoom however delegate numbers are reduced to 8 when run in this way.