Where and When?
Dates in Warminster for individuals below.
Location: Aid Training & Operations Ltd, Crusader House, Centurion Way, Crusader Park, Warminster, Wiltshire BA12 8BT
Course Dates Monday 29th June 2020 to Friday 3rd July 2020 - Unit 1 Contact us for more info Monday 13th July 2020 to Friday 17th July 2020 - Unit 2 Contact us for more info Monday 7th September 2020 to Friday 11th September 2020 - Unit 1 Contact us for more info Monday 21st September 2020 to Friday 25th September 2020 - Unit 2 Contact us for more info
Who should attend
This is the most widely held health and safety qualification in the UK for managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues. It is also perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career. It gives a valuable overview and is a sound basis for further professional study.
The NGC looks at everyday solutions for general workplace health and safety issues. When you have completed the qualification, you will be able to:
- justify the need for health and safety improvements;
- advise on duties under the main pieces of UK health and safety legislation;
- help your organisation to manage contractors;
- work within a health and safety management system;
- positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour;
- carry out a general risk assessment (using a 5-step approach) of your workplace;
- recognise workplace changes and their impacts and understand how to minimise these impacts;
- develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system;
- take part in incident investigations;
- help your employer check the effectiveness of their health and safety management system through monitoring, auditing and review.
Assessment & certification
The NG1 examination is held on the Friday of the second week of the course. This exam is 2 hours. The NG2 practical Risk Assessment (3 hours) must be completed and submitted to us for marking within 10 working days of leaving the course.
For a limited period, the cost of the course is £647.50 plus VAT per delegate and includes certification and tea/coffee. Accommodation costs are not included in this price.
Please note that full payment is required to guarantee your place, the pre-course material will be sent out on receipt of this. If you need to defer or cancel your place with less than 2 weeks’ notice, then regrettably we need to charge for your exam fees. If sickness prevents you attending, a doctor's note must be submitted to allow us to apply on your behalf for a 70% refund.
An in-house course carries a minimum charge of 10 delegates, this includes all trainer and training associated costs, manual and certification.
Any resits required would be charged at cost.