This course is designed to allow trainers to gain the necessary subject knowledge and to put this into practise.
Where and When?
At your venue on dates to suit your group. Equipment to be provided by yourselves.
Who should attend
This three-day course is aimed at those who carry out manual handling of people training within the workplace.
- Understand what is meant by the terms manual handling, risk and hazard
- Understand the Manual Handling Regulations and their application in a workplace
- Understand the safe principles of moving and handling
- Understand how the spine and muscles can be damaged by poor moving and handling techniques
- Understand the effects of perception on moving and handling
- Understand why the risk assessment is used to reduce injuries
- Understand the management design and delivery of training sessions/micro teaches (how to deliver a micro-teach)
- Create a range learning resources
- Understand how to reflect on own practice
Assessment & certification
Assessment by practical observation of moving and handling techniques. A 20 minute micro teach and 3 written assignments with OCN Certification. There are assignments to complete in advance of the training. It is recommended that annual refresher training is taken as part of a Trainer’s commitment to professionally develop.
Pricing & booking
The cost is £2500.00 + vat for up to 6 students when run at your venue. Additional students are charged at £275.00 + vat each.