Fire annually kills 700 people in the United Kingdom and costs approximately £1,500 million in insurance claims from industry. This course is tailored to the needs of the prospective Fire Marshal. Courses can be tailored to suit a specific audience and typically run for four hours. This course teaches basic fire safety awareness as it applies to the workplace. Courses can be tailored to suit a specific audience and typically run for 4 hours. This training is grant approved by the CITB.
Where and When?
At your venue on a date to suit your group.
Who should attend
For those appointed to carry out the duties of a Fire Warden or Fire Marshal.
- Fire legislation
- The basic chemistry of fire and its differing classes
- Fire fighting procedures
- Causes of fires and their prevention
- Emergency lighting
- Fixed fire fighting installations
- Evacuation assembly point and fire drills
- Fire alarms
- Fire hazards
- Routine fire safety inspections and maintaining a fire log
- Risk assessment awareness
- Extinguisher recognition and use (theory and practical)
This course complies with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Assessment & certification
Continual assessment, certified by Aid Training.
Pricing & booking
The cost of this course is £450.00 + vat or alternatively two courses can be run on the same day for £650.00 + vat when run at your venue. This is based on a maximum number of 14 students per course and includes a comprehensive manual for each student.