The Emergency Paediatric First Aid 6 hour training course is available at your setting for groups of up to 14 delegates.
Where and When?
At your venue on a date to suit your group.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for some individuals who care for young children in the absence of their parents.
This includes Nursery Staff, Nannies, Au Pairs, or parents wanting to learn lifesaving skills.
A full 12-hour course is available for those that require this to meet the requirements of the EYFS,
Ofsted and the settings own Risk Assessment.
If 100% of your staff are paediatric first aid trained you can apply for Millies Mark.
Delivered by paediatric specialists it includes both theory and practical sessions. This one day (6 hour) course is delivered at your venue and can be run at the weekend by arrangement.
The required syllabus:
- Be able to assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is having a seizure
- Help a baby or child who is choking
- Help a baby or child who is bleeding
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock)
Additional elements covered:
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from anaphylactic shock
- Help a baby or child who has had an electric shock
- Help a baby or child with head, neck or back injuries
- Help a baby or child having: a diabetic emergency; an asthma attack; an allergic reaction
Assessment & certification
The course takes place over six hours on a single day and will include both theory and practical sessions.
Paediatric first aid certification is dependent on successful continuous assessment. There is no final examination. Those delegates who complete the course will be deemed to have reached the required standard and will be awarded an Aid Training certificate valid for three years, after which time you will need to renew your certification.
QCF certification is available for £7.50 plus vat per delegate, bookable in advance of training.
Pricing & booking
The cost of the course is £425.00 + vat when run at your venue. This includes an Aid Training certificate and manual for each student. There are no additional costs.
Childcare providers should consider whether paediatric first aiders need to undertake annual refresher training, during any three-year certification period to help maintain basic skills and keep up to date with any changes to procedures.