The Emergency Paediatric First Aid 6 hour training course is available at business locations nationwide for groups of up to 14 delegates.
Where and When?
At your venue on a date to suit your group.
Who should attend
The course is designed for Nannies who wish to join the voluntary part of the Ofsted Childcare Register (OCR).
It is also suitable for Au Pairs, Babysitters, Parents, and anybody who cares for children and needs a basic paediatric first aid course.
- Planning for first aid emergencies
- Dealing with emergencies
- AED Awareness
- Recognising and dealing with shock
- Recognising and responding appropriately to:
- Anaphylactic shock
- Electric shock
- Meningitis and other serious sudden illness
- Responding appropriately to:
- Burns and scalds
- Suspected fractures
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Cases of poisoning
- Foreign bodies in eyes, ears and noses
- Eye injuries
- Bites and stings
- Effects of extreme heat and cold
- Febrile convulsions
- Recognising and responding appropriately to the emergency needs of chronic medical conditions including: epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell and diabetes
Assessment & certification
The course takes place over six hours on a single day and will include both theory and practical sessions.
Paediatric first aid certification is dependent on successful continuous assessment. There is no final examination. Those delegates who complete the course will be deemed to have reached the required standard and will be awarded an Aid Training certificate valid for three years, after which time you will need to renew your certification.
Pricing & booking
The cost of the course is £425.00 + vat when run at your venue. This includes a certificate and manual for each student. There are no additional costs.