This qualification has been designed with children and young people in mind covering areas such as depression, self-harm, eating disorders and bullying, and will provide the knowledge and skills to identify a potential mental health condition, start a conversation and provide support and guidance to professional help. This can be delivered in the classroom or virtually.
Where and When?
At your venue on dates to suit your group. We can also offer group training via Teams or Zoom, you can choose the date and we will link up your learners to our Trainer in the "Zoom Room".
Who should attend
The FAA Award in First Aid for Youth Mental Health qualification is suitable for anyone who actively connects with children such as parents, carers, teachers, youth group leaders and young adults.
- Know what mental health is, why young people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a young person presenting a mental health condition
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- How to recognise a range of mental health conditions and how they can affect young people
- Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
- Know how to implement skills to support positive wellbeing
Assessment & certification
Certificate and manual from First Aid Awards.
Pricing & booking
The cost of this 1-day course held at your venue is £495 plus vat for up to 16 delegates there is a further fee of £13 + vat per delegate for certification and resources. The course fee reduces to £395 plus vat plus certification fees when run via Teams or Zoom however delegate numbers are reduced to 8 when run in this way.