Anyone working in a supervisory position in the food business is not only responsible but also accountable for food safety. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
Where and When?
At your venue on dates to suit your group.
Who should attend
Anyone working in a supervisory position in the food business. This course is also suitable for those wishing to train lower level food safety courses, assuming they hold suitable experience and generic teaching qualifications.
- Supervisory management
- Temperature control (chilling, cooking)
- Contamination control
- Applying and monitoring good hygiene practices
- Implementing good food safety procedures
- Contributing to the safety training of others
- Be able to implement and supervise a food safety management system
- Understand food safety procedures
- Understand the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- Understand the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
- Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- Appreciate the risks linked to cross contamination
- Understand the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety
- Appreciate the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises
Assessment & certification
Multi choice examination.
Pricing & booking
The cost of this course is £2650.00 + vat for up to 8 students when run at your venue. Additional students are charged at £225.00 + vat per person thereafter up to maximum of 12. This includes certification and comprehensive manuals for each student.
It is recommended that those wishing to take this course have knowledge of basic food hygiene and ideally a Level 2 Award in Food Safety taken within the last 3 years.
This course is approved by the MOD in support of the ELC scheme.